Thanks to the addition of several donations from Members, HCRC is able to offer a $350 Scholarship to a graduating Senior planning to attend College. Application must be made online or by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org for an paper application. Due date is August 20, 2021.
Each application will be numbered and remain completely anonymous when read and voted on by eligible members of the Board of Directors and Club Officers. Copies of the applications will be provided individually for review and voting will occur without consultation with other Board members/officers, based solely on the content of the application.
- All applications must be postmarked prior to August 20, 2021 for consideration.
- Applicant must be a senior in high school planning to pursue further education at a college of any kind, farrier school, or program in equine/animal husbandry/farm related studies OR have graduated from high school and be currently attending college.
- Board members’ relatives are eligible to apply, however, that board member will not read or vote on any of the applications. (Due to voting method, board members will not be aware of any other board member’s ineligibility to vote.)
- Applicants are encouraged to volunteer at one or more Hampshire County Riding Club events or clean-up days, as well as mowing and cleaning up grounds on their own time.
- Scholarship will be awarded by September 1, 2021.
Consideration for Scholarship award will be based on the following criteria:
- Participation in Hampshire County Riding Club activities and community service activities
- Extracurricular activities
- Field of anticipated study and continued involvement with horses
Preference of Scholarship aid will be given in the following order:
1. To Active Hampshire County Riding Club members
2. To children or grandchildren of active Hampshire County Riding Club members
3. Students with current or future interest/hobbies involving horses or related higher education
4. Hampshire County residents